The sensitivity of radiation-induced source-drain leakage to the amount of recess in the shallow-trench isolation (STI) of CMOS technologies is reported. The impact of the doping profile along the STI sidewall on the magnitude of the leakage current is quantified. The sensitivity of the radiation-induced leakage current to these parameters provides insight into how process variability is manifested as variations in the radiation response.
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering