Intrinsic parameter fluctuations introduced by process variations, such as line edge roughness (LER), create an increasing challenge to the CMOS technology scaling. In this paper, variations in double-gate dopant-segregate Schottky (DSS) MOSFETs, caused by LER of silicon-fin, are systematically investigated using statistical technology computer-aided design simulations. The impact of LER on both Schottky barrier and DSS-MOSFETs are examined contrastively. The results show that DSS-MOSFETs offer a larger and more uniform drive current, but suffer a more serious Vt fluctuation. The cause of such larger Vt flutuation is also analyzed, thus providing a good starting point to propose way to solve this problem.
- Dopant-segregated Schottky MOSFETs (DSS-MOSFETs)
- Schottky barrier (SB)
- line edge roughness (LER)
- technology computer-aided design (TCAD) simulation
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Computer Science Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering