This paper proposes two-dimensional systolic array implementations for computing the discrete Hartley (DHT) and the discrete cosine transforms (DCT) when the transform size A’ is decomposable into mutually prime factors. The existing two-dimensional formulations for DHT and DCT are modified and the corresponding algorithms are mapped into two-dimensional systolic arrays. The resulting architecture is fully pipelined with no control units. The hardware design is based on bit serial left to right MSB to LSB binary arithmetic.
- discrete Hartley transform (DHT)
- discrete cosine transform
- prime-factor decomposition
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Hardware and Architecture
- Computational Theory and Mathematics