We derive a modification of the semiclassical Fermi Golden Rule collision operator based on quantum thermodynamic principles. The resulting operator is nonlocal in space and acknowledges the presence of steep potential gradients and potential barriers. The resulting quantum mechanical transport equation - the Wigner quantum Boltzmann equation - increases the corresponding quantum mechanical entropy and is therefore well posed.
- Quantum entropy principles
- Wigner-Boltzmann equations
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics
- Modeling and Simulation
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering