We have investigated the magnetotransport properties under nonlinear conditions in quantum point contact structures fabricated on high mobility AlGaAs/GaAs two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG) layers. Nonlinearities in the I-V characteristics are observed at the threshold for conduction when biased initially from the tunneling regime as observed previously. We observe that this non-ideality is enhanced by a magnetic field normal to the plane of the 2DEG. This behavior is interpreted in terms of corrections to the Landauer model extended to nonequilibrium conditions.
- Quantum dots
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Hardware and Architecture
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Materials
- Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Atomic and Molecular Physics, and Optics