HD 199143 and HD 358623 (BD-17°6128) are two sets of binary stars which are physically associated and 48 pc from Earth. We present heliocentric radial velocities and high lithium abundances which establish these stars as members of the ∼12 Myr-old β Pictoris Moving Group. We also present mid-IR photometric measurements which show no firm evidence for warm dust around all four stars.
- Open clusters and associations: individual: β pictoris
- Stars: circumstellar matter
- Stars: individual: HD 199143, HD 358623
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Space and Planetary Science