We describe some perspectives on corporate social responsibility (CSR), in order to provide a context for considering the strategic motivations and implications of CSR. Based on this framework, which is based on characterizing optimal firm decision-making and underlies most existing work on CSR, we propose an agenda for further theoretical and empirical research on CSR. We then summarize and relate the articles in this special issue to the proposed agenda.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Environmental performance
- Total Factor Productivity (TFP)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Business and International Management
- Social Sciences (miscellaneous)
- Economics and Econometrics