We propose a new switching format for multiprocessor networks, which we call Conflict Sense Routing Protocol. This switching format is a hybrid of packet and circuit switching, and combines advantages of both. We initially present the protocol in a way applicable to a general topology. We then present an implementation of this protocol for a hypercube computer and a particular routing algorithm. We also analyze the steady-state throughput of the hypercube implementation for random node-to-node communications.
- Packet and circuit switching
- Random one-to-one communications
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Hardware and Architecture
- Computational Theory and Mathematics